The National Bureau of Investigation said more arrest warrants from the International Criminal Court (ICC) may soon be issued as authorities continue the search for Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, who remains in hiding following a warrant for crimes against humanity.
NBI Director Melvin Matibag said they received information that additional individuals could also be included in upcoming ICC warrants and assured law enforcement readiness to enforce any new orders.
The Philippine National Police said dela Rosa remains in the country and that all units have been ordered to locate and arrest him, while also noting he may still surrender or seek protective custody.
Authorities confirmed he will be turned over to the Department of Justice once arrested, regardless of which agency makes the arrest.
The ICC previously issued a warrant against dela Rosa over alleged involvement in killings linked to the drug war from 2016 to 2018.
Source: PhilNews24 | May 24, 2026
Latest from News
The Philippine National Police (PNP) is intensifying its campaign against electricity theft and pilferage of power
President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. focused on strengthening flood control and disaster response this week while continuing
At least 574 areas across the country remained flooded on Saturday due to the combined effects
The Filipino Roblox Developers Association (FRDA) opposed a total ban on Roblox, saying it would unfairly
The Department of Education has fewer than 1,000 registered guidance counselors serving more than 45,000 schools
