28 WITNESSES TAPPED TO TESTIFY IN ROMUALDEZ INQUIRY

The Office of the Ombudsman said it still has 28 witnesses who can provide information linking former Speaker Martin Romualdez to the alleged flood control scandal despite Orly Guteza’s recantation.

The Ombudsman described the recantation as a possible “pressure tactic” and vowed to continue its investigation.

Guteza claimed he was pressured and offered money by Sen. Rodante Marcoleta and former congressman Mike Defensor to fabricate allegations against Romualdez and Zaldy Co.

Malacañang called the recantation concerning and urged authorities to investigate claims of fabricated testimonies and possible destabilization efforts.

Sen. Panfilo Lacson said he was not surprised by Guteza’s recantation, noting that he had previously alleged the witness was coached.


Source: PhilNews24 | August 21, 2026

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

PHILIPPINES, ICELAND INK AIR SERVICES DEAL FOR DAILY FLIGHTS

Next Story

MARCOS PUSHES REFORMS TO FIX FLOOD CONTROL SYSTEM GAPS

Latest from Politics

© 2023 All Rights Reserved. Web Develop by SEO Philippines