SENATORS TULFO, HONTIVEROS: “PARANG WALANG NANGYARI” AFTER SENATE CHAOS

Senate Minority members raised concerns on Wednesday over the chamber’s return to “business as usual” following a chaotic incident and shooting that occurred last week inside the Senate premises.

Erwin Tulfo questioned conflicting accounts of the incident, raised concerns over law enforcement actions, and called for a clear and independent investigation.

He also stressed the need to protect Senate employees who were caught in the middle of the chaos and said public trust in the institution has been damaged.

Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano said he shares the concerns raised and noted that resolutions on the incident have been referred to the proper committee for review.

Meanwhile, Risa Hontiveros criticized the lack of a detailed explanation from Senate leadership, saying the institution failed to properly address the seriousness of the incident.

Source: PhilNews24 | May 21, 2026

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

QC TO HOST BIGGER ALL ABOARD EXPO 2026 WITH OVER 15,000 EXPECTED ATTENDEES

Next Story

SUPREME COURT DENIES BATO DELA ROSA PETITION VS ICC ARREST ORDER

Latest from Politics

© 2023 All Rights Reserved. Web Develop by SEO Philippines