President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. accused former lawmaker Zaldy Co’s lawyer of attempting to blackmail him, claiming the lawyer sought to stop Co from releasing videos in exchange for not canceling his passport.
Marcos declared, “I do not negotiate with criminals,” and said Co’s passport would be canceled regardless of the videos.
Co has accused Marcos of involvement in a P100-billion insertion in the 2025 national budget, which the Palace denies.
The allegations previously led to the resignation of two cabinet officials, including former Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin and former Budget Secretary Amenah Pangandaman.
Co also accused presidential son Sandro Marcos of corruption, a claim Sandro called “fantastical,” while Co’s lawyer, Ruy Rondain, denied attempting any negotiation with the government.
Source: PhilNews24 | November 27, 2025
Latest from Politics
Senator Bam Aquino renewed his call for the House of Representatives to pass the CADENA Act,
Sen. Panfilo Lacson vowed to scrutinize the proposed P107.4-billion flood control allocation for the DPWH in
Eighteen local government units and key partners in Naga City signed a resolution creating the Metro
Sen. Panfilo Lacson said Sen. Rodante Marcoleta and former congressman Mike Defensor may face subornation of
Eastern Samar Gov. Ralph Vincent Evardone backed the expanded Local Government Support Fund (LGSF), saying additional
